Trends for HCI research (Draft essay outline)
In this post I will list some ideas that may be included within my essay on :
What are the major future trends for HCI research and development, and why
The general structure :
- Introduction (100 words)
- Quick background on HCI history and evolution (400-500 words)
- Overview of trends in HCI (500-600 words)
- Focused discussion on one significant trend (with rational) (700-900 words)
- Summary (100 words)
Reference list
Major trends
I found it a bit challenging to predict the major trends for HCI research because there are many factors that can influence HCI research. So, my judgment on the major trends can be subjective. Therefore, I decided to list some possible ideas that can be discussed as major trends (from my point of view). Then, I will decide later what I will focus more on it in the essay, given that the maximum word count is 2000 words only.
List of Ideas:
- Computational cognition and neurology
- Healthcare and telemedicine
- Cyborg
- Soft computing
- Design for blockchain and IoT
- Design interfaces for semantic web (Web 3.0 and maybe web 4.0)
- Integrate people's thoughts into the next generation of apps (Brain API)
- Brain-computer interfaces (BCIs)
- Human-Quantum Computer Interaction
- Sensor based computing (Ubiquitous Computing--current trend)
- Human-drone interaction
- Personal Drones interaction design (Pet metaphor)
Amongst all these ideas I tend to focus on the semantic web. This topic impacts a wider number of people than any other topic mentioned above. I will cover in brief the history, development, and future of the web. I will provide a rationale for why this topic is chosen in particular. I will try to justify the importance of this topic. Also, will discuss some current implementation and the future of it. I will try to mention aspects of designing semantic web interaction and compare it with the social web (Web 2.0). This will be in the fourth section (entitled focused discussion). Prior to that, I will list some trends in HCI generally, I will fill the third part with some topics from the list of ideas above. The second part will be about the evolution of HCI.
Sources for the essay (Some will be used) :
General (useful to introduce the topic)
- Interaction design book by Sharp et al
On Semantic
Siri (as example of semantic interface)
On drones
On HCI future
- https://dl.acm.org/doi/fullHtml/10.1145/1147518.1147530
- https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/computer-science/human-computer-interaction
- https://rauterberg.employee.id.tue.nl/movies/2008-MS-being_human.pdf
- http://www.kentarotoyama.org/papers/Toyama_2010_HCI_and_International_Development.pdf
- https://www.researchgate.net/publication/215638341_A_GLANCE_INTO_THE_FUTURE_OF_HUMAN_COMPUTER_INTERACTION
- https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s42486-019-00007-0
- https://uxdesign.cc/the-future-of-human-computer-interaction-design-f5c7810cca95
On Cyborg
On Design for blockchain
On Impacts of AI and nano technology on HCI
On HCI in healthcare and medicine
Based-on-Sensors interaction (Ubiquitous computing)
cutting edge / advanced service providers example

Comments
Post a Comment